Plastic Omnium Lighting Systems GmbH
2. What data do we collect from you?
– We record the domain name or IP address of your computer, and the Internet site you visit us from.
– Some sites contain buttons of social media networks. These buttons are not recommendation or referral links. The link merely refers to the social media network in question without any user data being transferred.
3. How do we collect your data?
We collect the data generated when you visit our website in automated form.
4. What do we use your data for?
– For technical administration and provision of the website
– To the extent permitted by law: To identify misuse and remedy problems
5. Forwarding of your data
If you have given your consent or we are otherwise authorized to do so under the law, we may pass on your personal data to Plastic Omnium Lighting Systems Group companies or to service providers (e.g. hosting, sales or marketing partners) for the above purposes.
If the recipients are based in countries that do not have an adequate level of data protection, Plastic Omnium Lighting Systems has taken measures to ensure suitable and adequate safeguards so as to protect personal data. If the data is given to
– Group companies in such countries, we ensure that said companies have signed the Inter Company Agreements on protection of personal data and abide by them.
– recipients outside the Group in such countries, the data is only transferred if said companies have concluded EU standard contractual clauses with Plastic Omnium
6. What rights do you have?
You can contact the Data Protection Officer of Plastic Omnium Lighting Systems GmbH with your query by phone or by e-mail.
This data privacy statement is amended from time to time.
This data privacy statement explains how Plastic Omnium Lighting Systems and its subsidiaries use your personal data, what measures are taken to protect your data, and what rights you have in relation to your personal data.
Plastic Omnium Lighting Systems is committed to protecting personal data. That is why Plastic Omnium Lighting Systems processes your personal data in compliance with the provisions of the European General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) and other applicable legal provisions on protection of personal data and data security.
I. Name and address of the controller
The controller within the meaning of the General Data Protection Regulation, other national data protection laws and other data protection regulations is Plastic Omnium Lighting Systems GmbH.
Represented by Dr. Dirk Linzmeier, Pierre-Henri Desportes, Christian Karl
Data Protection Officer: Daniela Voit-Kölbl
Phone: +49 89 6213-0
Fax: +49 89 6213-2020
II. General information on data processing
In principle, Plastic Omnium Lighting Systems collects and uses personal data of users only if necessary to provide a well-functioning website.
If we obtain consent from data subjects to process their personal data, the legal basis for that is laid down by Article 6 paragraph 1 point (a) of the EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR).
The legal basis for processing your personal data in order to perform a contract between you and Plastic Omnium Lighting Systems is Article 6 paragraph 1 point (b) GDPR. That also applies to processing activities required to take steps prior to entering into a contract.
If processing of personal data is necessary for compliance with a legal obligation on the part of Plastic Omnium Lighting Systems, the legal basis for that is Article 6 paragraph 1 point (c) GDPR.
If vital interests of the data subject or another natural person necessitate processing of personal data, the legal basis for that is Article 6 paragraph 1 point (d) GDPR.
If processing is necessary to safeguard legitimate interests of Plastic Omnium Lighting Systems or a third party and your interests, fundamental rights and freedoms which require protection of personal data are not overridden by the interests of Plastic Omnium Lighting Systems or the third party, the legal basis for that is Article 6 paragraph 1 point (f) GDPR.
The data subject’s personal data shall be erased or blocked as soon as the purpose for which it has been stored no longer applies. The data can also be stored if this is envisaged by European or national legislators in EU regulations, laws or other provisions to which Plastic Omnium Lighting Systems is subject. The data shall also be blocked or erased when a period of time prescribed for its storage under one of the above legal provisions expires.
III. Processing of data when the websites are visited
1. Scope of data collection
Whenever our websites are called, data and information is automatically collected from the computer system calling them.
The following data is collected:
– Information on the type of browser used and its version
– The user’s operating system
– The user’s Internet service provider
– The user’s IP address is stored anonymously
– The date and time of access
– Websites from which the user’s system accesses our Internet site
– Websites the user’s system calls from our website
This data is also stored in our system’s log files. This data is not stored together with other personal data of the user.
2. Legal basis for data processing
The legal basis for temporary storage of data (and log files) is Article 6 paragraph 1 point (f) GDPR.
3. Purpose of data processing
Temporary storage of the IP address by the system is necessary so that the website can be delivered to the user’s computer system. To enable that, the user’s IP address must be stored for the duration of the session.
The data is stored in log files in order to ensure that the website functions properly. The data also helps us optimize the website and ensure the security of our IT systems. The data is not analyzed for marketing purposes in this connection.
This purpose also constitutes our legitimate interest in processing data in accordance with Article 6 paragraph 1 point (f) GDPR.
4. Length of data storage
The data is erased as soon as it is no longer required for achieving the purpose for which it was collected. As regards data recorded to deliver the website, this is the case when the session in question is over.
If the data is stored in log files, this is the case after seven days at the latest. The data can be stored above and beyond that. In that case, the IP addresses of users are erased or anonymized so that the client calling the website can no longer be identified.
5. Possibility of opting out
Recording of data in order to deliver the website and storage of the data in log files is absolutely necessary for operating the Internet site. Consequently, users do not have the possibility of objecting and opting out.
Processing of data on the Plastic Omnium Lighting Systems LinkedIn page.
If we receive a message or comment from you through our Plastic Omnium Lighting Systems LinkedIn page, we will use your personal data provided to us directly by you (e.g., your LinkedIn username) to contact you and respond to your inquiries. Your messages are not visible to other LinkedIn users and are deleted when your request has been answered. We may also process information about your activities on our Plastic Omnium Lighting Systems LinkedIn page (e.g. commenting, sharing, liking). The legal basis for the above types of data processing is Art. 6 (I) (f) DSGVO.
Please also see Chapter VIII of this privacy notice
We use videos from the company Vimeo on our website. The video portal is operated by Vimeo LLC, 555 West 18th Street, New York, New York 10011, USA. With the help of a plug-in, we can show you interesting video material directly on our website. In the process, certain data may be transferred from you to Vimeo. This data is collected, stored and processed on the Vimeo servers. Regardless of whether you have a Vimeo account or not, Vimeo collects data about you. This includes your IP address, technical information about your browser type, operating system or very basic device information. Furthermore, Vimeo stores information about which website you use the Vimeo service and what actions you perform on our website. These web activities include session duration, bounce rate, and click-through behavior. Vimeo may track and store these actions using cookies or similar technologies.
We use YouTube videos on our website. YouTube is a subsidiary of Google. The video portal is operated by YouTube, LLC; 901 Cherry Ave, San Bruno, CA94066, USA. When you call up a YouTube video on our website, your browser automatically connects to the servers of YouTube or Google. In the process, various data are transmitted. In this case, your IP address and our URL. If you are logged into your Google account, YouTube or Google can assign your interactions to your profile using cookies. This includes data such as session duration, bounce rate, approximate location, technical information such as browser type, screen resolution or information about your Internet provider. Other data may include contact details, any ratings, sharing content via social media or adding to your favorites on YouTube.
If you are not logged into a YouTube, Google account, Google stores data with a unique identifier associated with your device, browser or app.
If you have consented that data from you can be processed and stored by YouTube elements, this consent is considered the legal basis for data processing (Art.6 Abs.1 lit a.DSGVO).
We point out that you use YouTube page on your own responsibility. This applies in particular to the use of interactive functions (e.g. commenting, sharing, liking).
Please also see chapter VIII of this privacy notice.
VII. Transfer of data for processing on our behalf
In some cases, we use specialized service providers to process your data. We carefully choose and regularly control our service providers. They process personal data only on our behalf and in strict accordance with our instructions on the basis of agreements on commissioned data processing. Profiling does not take place.
VIII. Processing of data outside the EU/EEA
In some cases, your data is also processed in countries outside the European Union (EU) or the European Economic Area (EEA) where, generally speaking, there might be a lower level of data protection than in Europe. In such cases, we ensure that an adequate level of protection for your data is guaranteed, such as by means of agreements with our contractual partners (of which a copy is available upon request), or we ask you for your explicit consent.
IX. Rights of data subjects
If your personal data is processed, you are a data subject within the meaning of the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) and you have the following rights vis-à-vis the controller:
1. Right to obtain information
You can demand confirmation from Plastic Omnium Lighting Systems GmbH as to whether personal data concerning you is processed by us.
If it is processed by us, you can demand the following information from the controller:
– the purposes for which the personal data is processed;
– the categories of personal data that is processed;
– the recipients or categories of recipients to whom the personal data concerning you has been or is
to be disclosed;
– the planned length of time for which the personal data concerning you will be stored or, if concrete details of that are not possible, the criteria used to determine that length of time;
– the existence of a right to rectification or erasure of personal data concerning you, a right to restriction of processing of the data by the controller, or a right to object to such processing;
– the right to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority;
– all available information on the origin of the data if the personal data has not been collected from the data subject;
– the existence of automated decision-making, including profiling, referred to in Article 22 paragraphs 1 and 4 GDPR and, at least in those cases, meaningful information about the logic involved, as well as the significance and the envisaged consequences of such processing for the data subject;
Profiling does not take place.
– whether the personal data concerning you is transferred to a third country or an international organization and which appropriate safeguards in accordance with Article 46 GDPR have been provided.
If data is processed for scientific or historical research purposes or statistical purposes, the right to obtain information can be restricted insofar as it is likely to render impossible or seriously impair achievement of the research or statistical purposes and the restriction is necessary to ensure the research or statistical purposes are achieved.
2. Right to rectification
You have a right to demand that Plastic Omnium Lighting Systems GmbH correct and/or supplement processed personal data concerning you if it is incorrect or incomplete. Plastic Omnium Lighting Systems GmbH will rectify the data immediately.
3. Right to restriction of processing
You can demand that processing of personal data concerning you be restricted under the following circumstances:
– if you contest the accuracy of the personal data concerning you, processing of the data will be restricted for a period enabling the controller to verify the accuracy of the personal data;
– the processing is unlawful and you oppose the erasure of the personal data and request restriction of its use instead;
– the controller no longer needs the personal data for the purposes of processing, but it is required by you for the establishment, exercise or defense of legal claims; or
– you have objected to processing pursuant to Article 21 paragraph 1 GDPR and it has yet to be verified whether the legitimate grounds of the controller override your grounds.
Where processing of personal data concerning you has been restricted, the data shall, with the exception of storage, only be processed with your consent or for the establishment, exercise or defense of legal claims or for the protection of the rights of another natural or legal person or for reasons of important public interest of the European Union or of a Member State.
If processing of data has been restricted pursuant to the above circumstances, you will be informed by Plastic Omnium Lighting Systems GmbH before the restriction is lifted.
4. Right to erasure
You can demand that Plastic Omnium Lighting Systems GmbH erase the personal data concerning you without undue delay where one of the following grounds applies:
– the personal data concerning you is no longer necessary for fulfilling the purposes for which it was collected or otherwise processed;
– you withdraw consent on which the processing was based in accordance with Article 6 paragraph 1 point (a) or Article 9 paragraph 2 point (a) GDPR, and where there is no other legal ground for the processing;
– you object to the processing pursuant to Article 21 paragraph 1 GDPR and there are no overriding legitimate grounds for the processing, or you object to the processing pursuant to Article 21 paragraph 2 GDPR;
– the personal data concerning you has been unlawfully processed;
– the personal data concerning you has to be erased for compliance with a legal obligation in Union or Member State law to which the controller is subject;
– the personal data concerning you has been collected in relation to the offer of information society services referred to in Article 8 paragraph 1 GDPR (children’s consent).
5. Right to be forgotten
If Plastic Omnium Lighting Systems GmbH has made personal data concerning you public and is obliged pursuant to the requirements specified in section 4 to erase the data, Plastic Omnium Lighting Systems GmbH, taking account of available technology and the cost of implementation, will take reasonable steps to inform controllers who process your data further that you have requested erasure of all links to your personal data.
6. Exceptions to the right to erasure
You do not have a right to demand erasure of your data if processing of it is necessary
– for exercising the right of freedom of expression and information;
– for compliance with a legal obligation which requires processing by Union or Member State law to which the controller is subject or for the performance of a task carried out in the public interest or in the exercise of official authority vested in the controller;
– for reasons of public interest in the area of public health in accordance with Article 9 paragraph 2 points (h) and (i) and Article 9 paragraph 3 GDPR;
– for archiving purposes in the public interest, scientific or historical research purposes or statistical purposes in accordance with Article 89 paragraph 1 GDPR insofar as the right referred to in (a) is likely to render impossible or seriously impair the achievement of the objectives of that processing; or
– for the establishment, exercise or defense of legal claims.
7. Right to notification
If you have asserted the right to rectification, erasure or restriction of processing toward Plastic Omnium Lighting Systems GmbH, we will communicate any rectification or erasure of data or restriction of processing to each recipient to whom the personal data concerning you has been disclosed, unless this proves impossible or involves disproportionate effort. If requested, we will inform you of who the recipients are.
8. Right to data portability
You have the right to receive the personal data concerning you which you have provided to Plastic Omnium Lighting Systems GmbH, in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format and to transmit the data to another controller, provided
– processing of the data is based on consent in accordance with Article 6 paragraph 1 point (a) GDPR or Article 9 paragraph 2 point (a) GDPR or on a contract in accordance with Article 6 paragraph 1 point (b) GDPR and
– the processing is carried out by automated means.
You also have the right to have the personal data concerning you transmitted directly from Plastic Omnium Lighting Systems GmbH to another controller, where technically feasible. This must not adversely affect the rights and freedoms of others.
The right to data portability shall not apply to processing of personal data necessary for the performance of a task carried out in the public interest or in the exercise of official authority vested in the controller.
9. Right to object
You have the right to object at any time to processing of personal data concerning you which is based on Article 6 paragraph 1 point (e) or (f) GDPR.
Plastic Omnium Lighting Systems GmbH will subsequently no longer process the personal data concerning you unless there are compelling legitimate grounds for the processing which override your interests, rights and freedoms or processing of it is for the purpose of the establishment, exercise or defense of legal claims.
Where personal data concerning you is processed for direct marketing purposes, you have the right to object at any time to processing of personal data concerning you for such marketing.
If you object to processing for direct marketing purposes, the personal data concerning you will no longer be processed for such purposes.
You also have the right to object to processing of personal data concerning you that is processed for scientific or historical research purposes or statistical purposes pursuant to Article 89 paragraph 1 GDPR.
Your right to object can be restricted insofar as it is likely to render impossible or seriously impair achievement of the research or statistical purposes and the restriction is necessary to ensure the research or statistical purposes are achieved.
10. Right to revoke the declaration of consent under data protection law
You have the right to revoke your declaration of consent under data protection law at any time. The withdrawal of consent shall not affect the lawfulness of processing based on your consent until you withdrew it.
11. Automated individual decision-making
You have the right not to be subject to a decision based solely on automated processing, which produces legal effects concerning you or similarly significantly affects you. This does not apply if the decision
– (1) is authorized by Union or Member State law to which the controller is subject and which also lays down suitable measures to safeguard your rights and freedoms and legitimate interests; or
– (2) is based on your explicit consent.
In the cases referred to in (2) Plastic Omnium Lighting Systems GmbH will implement suitable measures to safeguard your rights and freedoms and legitimate interests, at least the right to obtain human intervention on the part of the controller, to express your own point of view and to contest the decision.
If these decisions are based on special categories of personal data referred to in Article 9 paragraph 1 GDPR, the above exceptions shall apply only if Article 9 paragraph 2 point (a) or (g) GDPR applies and suitable measures to safeguard your rights and freedoms and legitimate interests are in place.
12. Right to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority
Without prejudice to any other administrative or judicial remedy, you have the right to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority, in particular in the Member State of your habitual residence, your place of work or place of the alleged infringement if you consider that the processing of personal data relating to you infringes the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR).
The supervisory authority with which the complaint has been lodged shall inform the complainant on the progress and the outcome of the complaint including the possibility of a judicial remedy pursuant to Article 78 GDPR.
You can find more information and explanations of the rights mentioned above on the website “Rights for citizens” Rights for citizens | European Commission (europa.eu) of the European Commission.